A Healthy Dose of “Curiosity” Can Yield Great Returns…in all Aspects of Life!
Our latest client appreciation event, the Cirque du Soleil performance of Kurios – Cabinet of Curiosities, was a big hit. We had hundreds of clients and friends from across the country join us in the “Grand Chapiteau” (big tent) celebrating our 25-year company anniversary in style.
Why did we select “curiosity” as the theme for this quarter-century milestone celebration? It was an easy choice. Simply put, we attribute a healthy dose of curiosity as a key ingredient behind our success and the success of the hundreds of high and ultra-high net worth clients we serve.
Here are some of my favorite quotes about curiosity:
- “Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Curiosity will conquer fear even more than bravery will.” – James Stephans
- “Curiosity is one of the most permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.” – Leo Burnett
- “When you meet people, show real appreciation, then genuine curiosity.” – Martha Beck
- “So curiosity, I think, is a really important aspect of staying young or youthful.” – Goldie Hawn
As I reflect on the curiosity we have had in the lives of our clients, fellow team members and collaborating professionals, I know this sincere interest has helped us better understand, work with and serve others. As I reflect on our curiosity in technology, opportunities, integrity, elegance, high performance, best practices, God and new capabilities, I know these have all served us very well. Most importantly (from a vocation perspective), as I think back about my intense and never-ending curiosity about the one topic that has and is my life work–How to unleash people from the complexities of wealth so they can flourish with good fortune–this has and continues to be the source of my creativity and innovation.
So I invite clients and friends to think about adding a healthy dose of curiosity in every domain of your life. It will enhance relationships, experiences and results across the board. What is one area of your life where you can instantly benefit by adding a healthy dose of curiosity right now? Be curious where it matters most and does the greatest good.