U.S. Patent Issuance on “Systems and Methods for Optimizing Wealth” Granted to Janiczek
I am so pleased to announce that today, on December 2, 2014, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office granted patent number 8,903,739: Systems and Methods for Optimizing Wealth, of which I am the inventor.
Decades in the trenches with accomplished business leaders experiencing a life-changing liquidity event offered the ideal extreme conditions conducive to innovation. Simply put, I do not believe people who experience good fortune should have to struggle to keep the wealth they created protected, growing and serving them…all too often wealth masters people instead of people mastering wealth.
The patent covers the process of generating a financial profile for a client, then comparing the financial information to a plurality of strengths. Then, using a grid system and incorporating financial attributes, an optimal level of financial advantage can be determined. The patent is many pages long, consisting of 28 allowed claims. Rather than reciting highly technical aspects related to the patent, here are some relevant talking points:
- The patent opens the door for a new generation of applications and tools to help high and ultra-high net worth individuals (other net worth segments, which also can benefit by the patent, are addressed below) master money with greater ease and much less complexity. Since this is the exclusive niche and specialty area of Janiczek® Wealth Management, it is where we have evolved its applications the most.
- The patent is related to the field of Strength Based Wealth Management™ (SBWM), which is a comprehensive approach to building optimal levels of financial strength, agility, flexibility and endurance. You can get more information on the advantages and principles of Strength Based Wealth Management™ here on our website
- The patent is also related to the field of Evidence Based Investing (EBI), which involves approaching investing with a conscientious, explicit and judicious use of current best evidence in order to make reasoned investment decisions void of as much Investor Behavior Penalty as possible. The strength, weakness and vulnerability grids that are a part of the patent are designed to help people invest from a position of strength. The advantages and techniques of this approach are summarized in my book Investing from a Position of Strength (Prosperity Press). Review our website for more information on Evidence Based Investing (EBI). And be sure to download our comprehensive white paper titled Evidence Based Investing for High and Ultra-High Net Worth Investors.
- A variety of graphics which helps to put aspects of the patent into the context of wealth mastery can be found on here. Here, we dissect wealth mastery into two components:
- Being an accomplished, penalty-resistant investor
- Being an accomplished, depletion-resistant wealth steward
- Yes, the patent has applications and benefits beyond the affluent market served by Janiczek® Wealth Management. I founded Wealth with Ease, LLC, as a separate intellectual capital entity to own the rights and consider options to develop and/or license the patent and other IP to help the masses master money. Here are some key points related to exciting possibilities in the future:
- Much like autonomous self-driving or driver-assisted cars being developed by Google, Tesla and others, I believe this patent and other IP under development paves the way for autonomous self-financial optimizing, or at a minimum, consumer-assisted financial optimizing applications that can greatly aid people of all economic means in mastering money.
- The smartphone, tablet and even voice recognition systems like Siri and Google Now are an ideal mobile intermediary to harness with this technology and other technology in the works and I am evaluating alternatives and opportunities across various market segments.
Carr & Ferrell LLP in Silicon Valley is the IP law firm I utilized to assist with this patent and other IP related matters and I have found their counsel and experience in the high technology field to be quite valuable.